It's no secret that I am completely drawn to homes with white floors! I don't know why but I just love them. As impractical as they can be for families with small children, I think they create a stunning effect, almost like the furniture is floating.  With the light fading here in Scandinavia and the days getting shorter by the minute, brightening up the interior is something of a priority! Finland based interior architect Joanna Laajisto and her husband, photographer Mikko Ryhänen completely rock the white floor look in their home in Töölö (I defy you to pronounce that!), Helsinki. You may have seen their home before on Scandinavian Deko and other fab blogs, but isn't it worth another look?!









Images Mikko Rhyänen, Styling Johanna Laajisto Via Scandinavian Deko
PS I definitely need to acquire a set of those Bertoia Side Chairs to go round my dining table. 
What's your experience of white floors? Are they as difficult to live with as I imagine?

On a completely different note, I pleasantly surprised myself today (this doesn't happen very often!). My computer calendar just went 'ping' and I went in to check what meeting I had scheduled. Only to find; 'Me time - 1 hour'. Bliss! I can warmly recommend this, who knows, enough hours of 'me time' a week may just allow you to build a home like the one above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top