I was at an event recently and met a girl who grew up on a tropical island off Japan. I was fascinated. She said she didn't appreciate her surroundings as a child but loves to go back and visit as an adult. Many people feel like that about their own home towns. But could you imagine if yours was as stunning as Dedon island in the Philippines? Created in collaboration with designers Jean-Marie Massaud and Daniel Pouzet with the ethos of eco-friendly tourism and barefoot living, it is a little touch of paradise and the ultimate winter escape. Pass me the sun screen.







Dedon Via Style Files

I'm adding this one to my wish list for 2015 (but will need to save up a little first!).

When I post design hotels in tropical places (see also this fabulous hotel on Mykonos) I sometimes get comments asking what this has to do with Scandinavian homes. Well not much! But I think it's inspiring to show get-aways all the same - after all, everyone needs an escape from the Scandinavian winter from time to time or what? As you know I'm currently travelling in Thailand with my family (feeling like the luckiest person in the world) and am so inspired by the beautiful places we have seen and stayed in.

Do you have a place you long to visit?

PS if you'd like to donate to the Philippines following the typhoon on 8th november and read more about aid visit this page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top